(go to Spider Twins Contest)
IMPORTANT! READ CAREFULLY before participating!
In A Nutshell!
UPDATE: The contest is no longer WEEKLY, but keep your eyes peeled for when it runs!
We will post a head and full body shot, and invite you to write in and guess the name of the masked vigilante! Send your guess to roder (That’s me - Rob Oder!) “at” tabloia.com! You could win a FREE PRIZE!
The Specifics and Subtleties!
Fans, here’s your chance to make a difference in the world! For all of 2008, we will be posting a new masked vigilante … EVERY NOW AND THEN! Each one resides in our own Crude Bay, Southern California!
We invite you to study these vigilantes carefully, every time they’re posted! First will be mugshot-posting day! Mugshot D ay will be followed by full body shots with helpful descriptions, such as weapons they wield, or specialties they possess! We expect you to write in and guess each character’s name, before we post it along with their logo, description, and action shot!
EVERYONE WHO GUESSES will be entered into an exciting drawing! EVERY TIME, one winning name will be chosen to receive a free, highly desired, prize POSTCARD, mailed to your door, featuring a personal note of congratulations by me, Rob Oder “Editor-in-Chief,” and with a lavish, “masked vigilante” ORIGINAL SKETCH by hack Chris Wisnia!
Don’t delay, fans! Start coming to www.tabloia.com every Monday and Tuesday, studying those masked vigilantes, and writing in to guess their names before Thursday!
HINTS! Don’t let these complex, intellectual mind puzzles frustrate you! Having poor brainstorming juices shouldn’t prevent you from writing in each and every week! Look for clues! For example, some of the vigilantes have their names clearly written on their costumes! Read the revealing attribute descriptors, which sometimes say their names! Those are helpful clues! Keep a pencil and writing pad handy and available for detailed notes! And heck, if you STILL can’t figure out any characters’ names, just write to us, and we’ll be happy to email you with a list of names!
ANOTHER HINT! We may include you in the drawing even if you guess wrong, so there’s literally no excuse left to stop you now! Maybe no one gets the name right that week! Maybe no one writes in at all, any week, and we’re desperate to give away free postcards to someone! Or maybe you’re a friend or related to one of our employees! In other words, you might be a winner, based on any number of unfair, biased whims of ours! And that’s what you agree to, if you want to participate!
Ready to participate in the Weekly Contest?!
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO!
1. PREPARATION! Turn on your computer, and go to www.tabloia.com! Click on “Spider Twins,” to see if a new vigilante has been posted! If there is, carefully study the masked vigilante! If you need to, take notes and brainstorm on a piece of paper!
2. MAKING YOUR GUESS! When you think you are ready to submit your guess, open the program you use for sending and receiving emails! Click on “create new message”! Write to me, Rob Oder, Editor-in-Chief! There will be a box where you can enter my email address! Type roder “at” tabloia.com! Head the letter with “What a fantastic weekly contest!” In the body of the email, write as many guesses as you care to come up with for that vigilante!
DO NOT guess for previously posted vigilantes! DO NOT write to tell us vigilante names you have come up with, or story ideas you thought of! DO NOT tell us how offensive you find this web comic, or anything else that would irritate us and make you coincidentally “not be drawn to win” the drawing! And make sure you get in your guess before the date we warn the answer will be posted!
3. OTHER INFO!
a. You may receive a personal email from me, Rob Oder, Editor-in-Chief, to confirm your entry into the contest, based on the quality of your guess! That means all you comedians out there, who think you’re so funny and clever!
b. We reserve the right to publish your guess or any other correspondence! Tell us if you DO NOT want your name posted here, alongside all our other proud and daring guessers!
c. Tell us if you DO NOT want to be automatically added to our monthly spam mailer, in which we tell you about all the exciting Tabloia news, such as interviews, reviews of our work, new releases, convention appearances, and products by us that you should buy, such as SPIDER TWINS COMPANION MINI-COMICS!
WHAT NEXT?! After that, all you have to do is wait! We know that’s the hardest part, but patience comes to those who wait … unless you didn’t win this week, which is more likely, so don’t get your hopes up! Each vigilante’s name will be posted, along with other pertinent information, every Thursday! We’ll let you know in person if for some reason you received the lucky prize!
IF YOU’RE A LUCKY WINNER:
Don’t count on it, kids! The odds aren’t in your favor! But if for some reason you are … how on earth did you do it?!! That wasn’t supposed to happen! We will post the winner’s name at the web site, on the very page you identified, along with all the other great guessers and guesses, and maybe some wry commentary of our own! When we do, we’ll also send you, lucky winner, a congratulatory email, and ask you for a couple bits of information, such as your mailing address, where we can send the lucky prize!
1. Decide if you would like a head shot or full body shot of the character you successfully named! Or if you would prefer a head or full body shot of a different masked vigilante, from a previous week! Those are your only options, whiners! You ungrateful bastards should be polite that we’re giving you anything, even if it is just a stupid postcard, and what were the odds you would actually win it anyways!
2. Would you like your card personalized, or just signed vaguely, so that you can sell it on ebay?
3. Lastly, all you have to do is wait some more for perpetually-behind-deadline Chris to get that postcard drawn! Good luck with that one, fans!
We look forward to hearing from you! Good luck, and enjoy all these notorious, thrilling, sexy, dangerous, and realistic masked vigilantes! -Rob Oder, Editor-in-Chief!
GO TO SPIDER TWINS CONTEST
SPIDER TWINS MINI-COMICS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE! Go to merchandise page to learn more! You can BUY ONE OR ALL THREE (3) Spider Twins Mini Comics (”Pink,” “Blue,” and “Lilac”), PLUS FREE Creator’s Commentary CD!